Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

College - A New Journey

They say that "every journey begins with a single step."
I took my first step last June, when college started. For me, having been homeschooled all my life, it was a very big step. A step of faith into the new world, a step into a "place" where I had never gone before.

The first few weeks were a challenge. I wasn't used to traveling, I wasn't used to doing school and then having homework (the "foreign language" to homeschoolers!). There were times when I felt like giving up, times when I felt like I just couldn't take it anymore. I would go home, frustrated by the many things I had to do yet not know where to start.

Aside from that, I had no time to sleep, no time to play with my brothers and sisters, no time to do my chores (which made me feel so guilty).

Nevertheless, I remembered Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I've quoted that verse a million times, said it over and over again, and I believe it.

I learned so many things during the first few weeks of school. God taught me to enjoy every moment in life, including the long bus rides and the big puddles after the rain. I also learned to find my strength in Him.

My long journey has just begun...but I'm looking forward to learning more things every step of the way. I know that God placed me here for a purpose, and I know that He will be with me all the way.

Soaring,
Alyssa C.

No comments:

Post a Comment