Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

RESIGNATION

A RESIGNATION MESSAGE

I’m leaving Godly Ladies-In-Training to Alyssa. I think she can manage on her own. It’s been more than year since I left her posting on her own and telling her formally that I’ll leave everything would not make any difference. Besides, I doubt anyone would miss me. I barely post.

I guess it’s time for me to take blogging out of my online activity. It just doesn’t satisfy me anymore. Hey Lys, I’m sorry I have to post this but I just want to let readers know that Godly Ladies In Training will now be singular. I’m sure you’ll make a fine Godly Lady In Training. And perhaps someday you’ll find a new and better partner. Goodbye everybody.

(Sorry I’ll have you work on to change the blog title but I’m sure you’ll do just fine. Don’t worry I’ll still be reading your posts and comment if I can.)

~Christin, January 2008



This is how my post would have been if God did not send His message to me flat on my face. Early this year I have decided that I must clear off myself from things that don’t work for me. And blogging here is one of those things.

A week after Christmas break Alyssa invited me to an Apologetics seminar in her college. After the seminar, one of her classmates approached me and said,

“Hey! So you’re Christin, the other lady-in-training!”

Uh-oh. Actually, I am now resigning from it, I just haven’t told Alyssa yet.

She offered a handshake and her next words just stopped me off my tracks. “You know, you should continue that [blogging GLIT]. Many people are encouraged.”


RESIGNATION REJECTED
I mumbled a weak thanks but her words unsettled me. I tried to ignore what she said but for days her words rang in my ears. I knew it was God talking to me, telling me that He’s rejecting my resgination. He wants me to go on and get back online. For three months I prayed about it.

Online, I lingered more in rebelutionary blogs. I read and read. I prayed and prayed. I hung about The Rebelution observing and reviewing what Rebelution really is all about. It was after all what fueled me and Alyssa to create this blog. He showed me signs which I did not ask for. Signs that beckoned me back to be active in Rebelution once more and get back to writing in GLIT. During the end of April I was slowly getting back to blogging. I familiarized myself with Blogger again. God’s direction is becoming clearer. I was still groping around blogger and there were times when I felt unsure if I should be back in GLIT but He kept a tight watch on me. It was last Saturday that the Lord made it clearer than ever that this is what He wants me to do.

HIS REBUKE
During choir practice, our choir director handed out the pieces of the song we are to sing. When I saw the title of the song, my heart just went out and I stood in front of the Lord in shame.

I saw all my faults. I was angered that He showed me everything in such a gentle and loving way when He could have inflicted an illness or gave me an accident to suffer. I realized that most of the time I was more of a Martha and less of a Mary. Moving up and about organizing youth and kids’ camps, organizing minutes of the meetings for the Missions Committee and Program Committee at church; writing and submitting articles for my writing classes, leading my class when the president is absent and plenty more. All these ate up the time that I should have spent for Him and with Him. I was busy for the Kingdom all right but never busy for the King. Sometimes I thought I was doing everything for Him but deep down it was really all for myself. I thought, I thought, I thought… it was all my thoughts. All to myself. Never His.

REUNITED
But our God is loving and faithful despite our distrust and unfaithfulness. He forgives and remembers no more what we have done in the past. He just wants us to repent and go back to His loving embrace. And that I did. So I am now back in Godly Ladies In Training.


He Who Began A Good Work In You
Words and Music by Jon Mohr

He who began a good work in you
He who began a good work in you
Will be faithful to complete it
He’ll be faithful to complete in you
He who started the work will be faithful to complete in you

If the struggle you’re facing is slowly replacing your hope with despair
Or the process is long and you’re losing your song in the night
You can be sure that the Lord has His hand on you
Safe and secure, He will never abandon you
You are His treasure and He finds His pleasure in you



Ate Joannie: Thanks for the encouragement. If God hasn’t used you perhaps I would have abandoned Alyssa already.

Alex Harris: Thanks for that invite in Facebook. It took me long to add you up bro. It was one of the signs that beckoned me back.

Alyssa, I’m afraid you have found yourself a new partner so soon and I’m afraid her name is Christin. Thanks for updating me in everything ever so often. You knew that I was out of touch of The Rebelution. Thanks.

Readers, thank you very much for reading. We have been so behind in everything but you still take time even just to peek at our blog.

Father in heaven, who made the online community a place to grow and a ground for training. We cannot thank You anymore than we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment