Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul?"

Psalm 42:11

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."


We've been sailing through rough waters recently (I'm talking about school here). There have been issues, cases, problems that seem to be coming our way by the hundred. It has left many of us physically, mentally, and even spiritually exhausted. While it may seem like an ordinary problem in an ordinary day, we recognize that it is the enemy working and that we are fighting a spiritual battle.

It would seem so easy to sink down deep into the pits of despair because, yes, that is what we are feeling right now. Sometimes it sounds like such a good idea to give everything up, so tired are we with struggling against the enemy, the problems, the issues.

Psalm 42:11 came to me as an answer to a prayer. I was tired of struggling, tired of fighting, but unwilling to give up. I felt so troubled, so uneasy. "How much longer, Lord?" I asked. "What can I do?" During a devotional time, I read the verse in Psalms. "Why are thou cast down, O my soul? ...hope thou in God."

Instantly I was refreshed. I was reminded to hope in God, to trust in my Heavenly Father even if I have to face the issues, problems, even the world.

Yes, my soul is still uneasy, restless. The issues are still going on. We still face problems - daily, weekly, but we have the assurance that God is with us, and that all we need to do is fully rely on Him. He is our God, He will deliver us from these troubles, and He will cause souls to sing a song of praise to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment