Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Friday, April 07, 2006

A Purpose For This Generation

More than a year go , I was hit by a vehicle in one of the major roads in Metro Manila: EDSA to be exact. It was barely a month before my high school graduation when the accident happened.

It was a rainy Saturday morning and I was crossing the road. I had no memory that I got hit neither did I see a car coming my way. God saved me from the pain and memory when the collision occurred. The last thing I can remember was seeing myself and my friend cross the road and no more after that.

I woke up in the emergency room of a hospital and lights flooded my eyes. I was half conscious all the time and one vivid memory I can recalll was my face burning hotly. Half of the skin of my left face was peeled off and I was not able to walk for a day.

Someone kept on asking me questions--ridiculous questions such as what's my name, age, address telephone number, etc., which I answered half consciously.

"Do you remember anything?" He asked. I wanted to tell him that I don't have an amnesia for him to be asking me such questions but I simply answered, "I was supposed to be at school." By then I have not the slightest idea that I got hit by a car. All I want to do was rest and sleep but that person did not allow it. He chattered on and kept on asking questions. Then finally he told me what I was yearning to know.

"Do you remember being hit by a car?" I shook my head in reply then he concluded, "Well, would you want to know that you were hit by a car and that you are in a hospital?"

Oh great. A smile crossed my thoughts. I could have died then and would have been glad to be in Heaven but God has plans for me. Often people, we define accident or any inevitable situation as an event occurring out of human expectations. But God has a different way of defining it, which may seem ironic to many. He might answer just like this, "Child, it is but a part of my wonderful plans for you. What happened to you is just one of My explicit methods in bringing about My purposes for you and for the people around you."

God has manifested this promise long ago in one of the most prominent verses nowadays found in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." (NIV)
God was teaching me something and the people around me. He has taught me that I must treat all things that come in my life as beautiful things to bring about his purposes. A lot of people would question how could I say that such things as beautiful, I am confident to say that God made all things beautiful with a purpose.

Another lesson that God has taught me is to redeem my time. To make use of my in-training years for Him alone and to make a difference in this ungodly world we're living in. I do not have much time in this world as much as you do, but God has shown me that even if time is short there is enough time for me, for us to regenerate our generation. I cannot regenerate this generation alone with the foolish strength that I have but with the strength and power of my Lord. I cannot regenarate this generation but we can.

Young people of my generation I am calling out to you. We do not have all the time in the world. Do not be sundered from the paths God has set before you because of the things that this world is telling you to embrace. Do not wait upon the wrath of the Lord to fall upon you. Our in-training years is not for idling and enjoying the delights this world has to offer, it is for training ourselves as stewards of Christ and not as stewards of the world.

Would you rather wait upon the wrath of God before you realize that you are not redeeming your in-training years for the Lord but for the world? Would you be found faithful or unfaithful? The Harris Twins wrote in The Rebelution,
_________________________________________________________________

The teen years are not a vacation from responsibility. They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now.

_________________________________________________________________

And I strongly agree with that, do not neglect the future by merely neglecting your present reponsibilities as a Godly Man-In-Training and a Godly Lady-In-Training in exchange for the satisfaction of your desires that the world has cultured in you.

Be a Godly-Lady/Man-In-Training for the regeneration of our generation. Be a Rebelutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment