Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Footprints in My Heart

So it's my nineteenth birthday. I thought of making a list of people, or persons, who have made a big impression as I grew over the years, the people who have impacted my life. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them for doing what they did. They are the people who have left footprints in my heart.

(This list has no order of importance. All these people have all played a significant part in my life - they are all special to me.)
  • First, I'd like to thank the Readers of this blog, Godly Ladies in Training. Thanks for sticking by in spite of the times when Christin and I fell behind in our posting. Thanks for your comments, your encouragement, and your thoughts. There's nothing as exciting as going to your blog and finding that someone has left a little piece of wisdom to share. Thanks for that.

  • I'd also like to thank the Guitar Class. Thanks, guys, for sticking with me since January. We're not always a big bunch, we're not always a roaring band, but it's not the numbers that count - it's your faithfulness and commitment. Thanks also to Sir MR, our guitar teacher. Now that I can play a classical guitar, I can express myself through music.

  • Timothy's Gimpers - the youth of GFBC. Thanks, folks, for all the laughter, the fun, and the games. I pray that you will all continue to pursue excellence for God. Remember the meaning of a true Gimper! Excel! Aim high! and in everything give glory to our Heavenly Father.

  • The Shepherd's Ensemble, choir of Grace. Thanks for everything. Although singing is not my calling, it's one of my passions. Thanks for making - yes, making, forcing - me to sing solos. Tito Pyo, our "Kapellmeister," you helped me realize that God gave me a voice to be used for His glory.

  • N.I.C.E. Club - introduced to me by Mara and May. You guys have touched my life. I admire your passion to serve God in the campus, particularly, of PUP. I was serious when I said that I'm considering it as my "Adopt-a-Campus." Thanks for all the encouraging text messages you send. Shelah, KM, Cheney, thanks for bringing me all the laughter.

  • Ahsie - even if I just met you two or three weeks ago, I feel like I've known you for quite some time. Well, we do belong in the same family! - the Family of God. Thanks for allowing me to assist you as you do your professional internship at IGSL. I'm having a great time. Thanks for giving me the training and experience. One day, Lord willing, I'll go to your country.

  • I'd like to thank the floating bookstore, MV Doulos, for including the Philippines in their rounds. I've always dreamt of working on that ship. Sadly, last year, I found that they will be docking in 2010. Farewell, hopes and dreams. And then last December, God had a special Christmas gift: I got to work on Doulos for two fantastic days! To say that I merely "enjoyed" is an understatement. It was a dream come true. Esther, Lissi, Federika, Danyela, Heather, "Mr. Tumnus," Caleb - to all those who taught us, trained us, helped us, or just said "hello" to us, a big, big THANKS! You are always in my prayers.

  • To those inspiring authors - like Shannon Kubiak, author of God Called a Girl, who helped me realize that even though Iam an ordinary girl with big dreams, I have an extraordinary God. Elisabeth Elliot (for her books on purity), Joshua Harris, John Maxwell, Henry and Richard Blackaby. And to all those other authors that I have forgotten. Thanks for the inspiration and advice.

  • To the Sonlighters. Would it surprise you if I told you I didn't want to go on Sonlight at first? I was scared to death at the prospect of meeting new people (yes, even online). Thanks for your warm greetings when I finally signed on. I enjoyed (and now miss) all our interesting discussions on the Teens Forum. Hope to see you some day.

  • My GReG (Gold Refining Group) - my heart overflows with gratitude. I thank God for allowing our paths to cross. GG - you're the best. Jojo, Stance, Nicole, Deedee, Nice, Ava - you all have a special place in my heart. I love the girl-bonding time with you (half-gallon ice cream and French fries).

  • To my fellow Scholars, keep it up. It isn't always easy to pursue excellence, and do hard things, but it's worth it. I miss our Monday Morning Sessions. Hopefully, we can create a new schedule for the upcoming semester. Still, I pray that you will all keep on for the Lord. Never give up! Mamu Kix - our leader and criminal mastermind, thanks for mentoring me. I pray that our journey will be a memorable one. Ate Mitch, Bernice - I miss you, girls! But once you're a Messiah student, you'll always be one. Jojo - you brought out the best in me during the first semester. You helped me grow, you helped me have fun during the first semester and well into the second. Hope you'll never change. Stance, Nice, Ate Dawn - you girls are the best! You never fail to make me smile. Onah - thanks for teaching me the dance steps when I forget them (and still do). Keep on, girls!!!

  • To the rest of the Messiah Family, especially the faculty and staff, thank you. Ma'am Aj - I've always loved writing, but she showed me what else I could do. I'd like to thank her for telling me that "When it comes to education, curiosity keeps the cat alive." Kuya Orly - I always say that if Messiah were a mansion, Kuya Orly would be the butler - you know, the family-kind of butler who is almost like a second father. Thanks for the servant's heart you always demonstrate. P. Mans - you taught me to journey with my heart. You pushed and prodded me in my spiritual walk with God. For that, I thank you. Sir J - I never danced before I got into your class, but now I do (just a teeny weeny bit). Thanks for teaching me to dance with my heart. Messiah Students - thanks for your love and for accepting me into this big family.

  • FotF. I haven't forgotten you, just in case you're wondering. Ian and Danie, you are the "oldest" friends I can remember. How old were we when we first met? Thanks for walking with us all the way! Christin - my co-writer, I miss your posts here, but I know that you're busy. Keep on doing hard things! Mara - BF, thanks for everything!

  • To the Homeschoolers - I'm still being homeschooled. From the day I was born, up to my dying day, I will always be. Thanks for being there for me. It's not always easy, since many people don't readily accept homeschooling (especially among the regular schools here), but still, it will be worth it.

  • To the Other Friends that perhaps I have forgotten to mention, thanks. =)

  • To the Rebelutionaries from all over the world. I just want to say that I am grateful to God for letting me "meet" you in cyberspace. We may not be in the same country, town, or city, but we are the same in our movement for the Lord. Always Do Hard Things for Him! Alex and Brett, thanks is not enough. May God bless you as you set an example and continue to bless the lives of the other youth around the world, just as you have blessed and touched mine.

  • Siblings. Hannah, Damaris, Jemimah, Abiel, and Jotham. Anthony Brandt said "Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." That is so true. I thank God for making you my siblings. Thanks for the fun, the laughter, the jokes, the tears, and all the wonderful moments. You're a naughty bunch, but I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world.

  • Dad and Mom. My parents. My mentors. Thanks for leading me to Christ and for helping me grow more in Him. I love you.

  • God, my Abba Father, You created me. I was woven into existence by Your mighty but loving hands. And I know that You created me fearfully and wonderfully (Psalm 139: 13, 14). Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment