Pages

Home
About
Authors
Do Hard Things Conference Philippines

Friday, April 18, 2008

Summer Volunteer Job

It's in my "Small Hard Things" list for the summer. I started it this week. I'm working in IGSL (International Graduate School of Leadership) which is not quite far from where I live. My job is to help one of the students who is doing her professional internship - Inductive Bible Study on the Book of Jonah.

Originally, the plan was that I work to credit some hours for NSTP (National Service Training Program - every college student in the Philippines has to go through that). As it turned out, that was no longer needed. Still, I thought that this would be a good opportunity for experience and training. It is indeed. I've learned so much in the past two days. I'm doing things I've never done before, like commuting to a place I've been to only once (I prefer familiar places, thank you), leading in praise and worship (I've never done that before!), and a bunch of other things. And in the process, I discovered that places are not so difficult to remember if you just think about them. I also learned that I enjoy leading the singing.

I thank God for using one of the homeschooling fathers to open this door of opportunity. And I thank God for protecting me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment